1. Read a murder mystery. I recommend Agatha Christie, Lillian Jackson Braun, or Dorothy L. Sayers. Always a hit with these ladies.
2. Watch a murder mystery. Recommended series include any of the adaptations of aforementioned Agatha Christie, the Midsomer Murders, Inspector Lewis, Inspector Morse, or Foyle’s War series’. All wonderfully endearing and full of bodies. Most get up to three cadavers per episode. British is better.
3. Knit. Or any other crafting method preferred. Also preferred is to have a large cup of tea at hand.
4. Stare blankly into the pouring rain while listening to “Ride of the Valkyries” by Richard Wagner.
5. Run around outside in the rain, if there isn’t thunder and lightning breaking up the sky.
6. Force yourself into doing all those unnamed projects reserved “just for a rainy day.”
7. Make a list of things to do on other rainy days. This one is definitely my favorite, and one which I heartily endorse.